Older Persons' Partnership
The Winchester District Older Persons’ Partnership (OPP) has an ongoing agenda of supporting new programmes and activities run by various partners, providing guidance and structure for the Winchester District Over 55’s Forum and completing actions based around the District priorities of:
1. Information services for Older people
2. Encouraging volunteering amongst older people
3. Assisting with transport issues
Thus far in 2010 the OPP has overseen several successful programmes, including:
• Intergenerational dance programmes in Swanmore.
• The Over 55’s Forum health promotion event- Rust Proofing the Body
• The creation of a project team to initiate a Village Agents information sharing programme throughout the District
• Creation and distribution of Fuel Poverty information for those impacted by the winter weather
• Carers Respite Grants and Carers Take a Break schemes
The OPP will continue to work towards their three priority goals in 2010, whilst also ensuring delivery of high quality services to older people in the Winchester District.